Last updated on January 20, 2020. This page will be updated regularly.
- Watch the Town Hall meeting from December 14 about campus reopening here
- A Five Phase Reopening plan was submitted to the Jakarta Government, you can see an overview here
- All of our campus facilities have completed and passed their first visit by officials and we are currently awaiting instructions on the next steps in the process
Our Guiding Principles
Through our resilience and the strong partnership between the home and school, we have been able to overcome the many challenges that this year has presented. As we prepare to reopen campus, there are many factors that will determine what a safe return looks like. The following principles will guide us as we make these decisions.
- The health and safety of our students, faculty, staff and community members is paramount.
- The mandates and guidelines set forth by the Ministry of Education and Culture, and the Indonesian government.
- The ability to offer a strong educational program that is grounded in the JIS mission and values in accordance with the best health and safety practices.
- The information and advice from trusted health officials, reliable scientific medical organizations, and consultation with international schools around the world and in our region.
- The feedback and needs of our community.
We are all excited about the prospects of returning to school for in-classroom learning, to reconnect with friends and teachers after months of engaging with them through a computer screen.
However, it is of utmost importance that when we do resume on-campus activities, we do so with stringent health and safety measures in place to ensure the well-being of all JIS Dragons. To make this happen, we will need your help and the cooperation of our entire community, not just when you are on campus but when you are off campus as well.
|We rely on everyone's sense of responsibility to stay at home if they experience COVID-19 symptoms.|
Individuals are considered COVID-19 symptomatic if they have:
1 or more symptoms
|For a current list of symptoms see the CDC website|
- What if someone gets sick?
- How long is the quarantine period?
- What if our family traveled abroad during the December Holiday?
- What if my child breaks or soils their face mask?
- What happens if people are not wearing their mask or staying distant?
- Will classes be held outside?
- If my child goes back to school and feels uncomfortable, can they opt out and stay at home again?
- Will the facilities still be open at 3:30?
- Will students be allowed to participate in after school sports?
- How will the school communicate with me during this time?
- What are the tiers of contact with a confirmed case?
- What do you mean by close contact?
- What is the difference between isolation and quarantine?
- When will we move to a new phase?
- Will Bus Transportation Be Available?