Our JIS High School Counseling team believes in a student-centered counseling approach within a strengths-based, comprehensive model that is grounded in best practices.
To enact our philosophy, the JIS High School Counselors:
- Work to know our students well, and in doing so, are able to individualize our counseling to advocate for and guide each student in the pursuit of their goals.
- Care about student wellness and safety. We collaborate within a network of support (including teachers, parents, and administrators) to ensure that JIS is a safe and healthy environment.
- Are sensitive to the array of challenges students and families face in joining and leaving the JIS community. We provide support and guidance to ensure transitions are as smooth as possible.
- Design programming for students and parents that is based on current research, which we expand upon through professional learning throughout the year.
- Embrace opportunities to share our knowledge and expertise in university and social-emotional counseling with colleagues in Indonesia and internationally.
- Abide in the integrity of our work, which is guided by the ethical standards and principles of organizations of which we are active, contributing members. These professional associations include the National Association of College Admission Counseling (NACAC), International ACAC, American School Counselor Association (ASCA), and International School Counselor Association (ISCA).
We offer the following support to students throughout the year:
- Individual Counseling
- Group Counseling
- College Counseling
- Career Counseling
- Academic Advising