Students can engage in more than 500 clubs and activities that further enhance their learning journey at JIS, from TEDxJIS and student leadership to Service Learning and co-curriculars. Each is designed to not only challenge students to be Best for the World but also foster respect, a spirit of collaboration, inclusivity, and confidence.
The purpose of JIS Academy & Community Sports is to offer quality, high-interest academic, fitness, creative and sporting activities beyond the normal JIS curriculum in order to better serve both students and adults. These activities are operated outside the JIS curriculum, and so carry a separate fee per program.
We offer a wide variety of year-round after school activities and holiday camps taught by expat and local experts for elementary, middle & high school students and adults. Community Sports are unique in that they are also open to both JIS and non-JIS families.
- Registration Starting Dates
- Registration Ending Dates
- ACTIVITIES STARTING AND ENDING DATES
- Additional Notes
- Before Registering
- Monday, Dec. 2 at 10:00 AM: JIS Academy & Teacher Led Q3-Q4 (PIE EY1 - grade 2)
- Monday, Dec. 2 at 1:00 PM: JIS Academy & Teacher Led Q3-Q4 (PIE grades 3- 5)
- Tuesday, Dec. 3 at 10:00 AM: JIS Academy & Teacher-Led Q3-Q4 (PEL All grades)
- Wednesday, Dec. 4 at 10:00 AM: Community Sports (all grades), JIS Academy (MS, HS, Adults)
The dates are staggered to reduce the strain on the systems. Online Browsing will be made available on Friday, November 29 at 12:00 PM
Wednesday, Dec. 11 at 12:00 PM: JIS Academy, Teacher Led Q3-Q4 & Community Sports (PIE, PEL, MS, HS All Grades & Adults).
After registration ending dates registration is accepted via email and phone subject to slot availability. Contact the Community Sports Office or the JIS Academy Office for late registration.
- JIS Academy, Community Sports, and Teacher – Led Activities registration is first come first serve.
- JIS Academy and Community Sports are paid activities. Teacher - Led activities are free.
- Students are not limited to take any JIS Academy and/or Community Sports activities subject to space availability.
- PIE and PEL Students are limited to 2 teacher – led activities ONLY within 1 semester . You can take them in either Quarter 3 (Q3) or Quarter 4 (Q4) or both.
- Teacher-led ASAs (denoted by Q3 and Q4) run during Quarter 3 (Jan 20 - Mar 20) or Quarter 4 (Mar 30 - May 15).
- JIS Academy ASAs run for the entire semester (Jan 20 - May 15).
- Please ensure that your child signs up in his/her appropriate grade level (EY3 - Gr 2 ASAs or Gr 3 - 5 ASAs).
- 3D Secure Credit Cards – be sure you update your information with your bank. They need your current mobile number so that you can receive a verification code.
- You may need to contact your credit card company ahead of time to let them know you will be doing a transaction in Indonesia.
- Please try to register online FIRST before contacting the Community Sports or JIS Academy staff. We have a small staff and are very busy at this time.
- Please carefully read the Refund Policy on the invoice. We will strictly abide by this policy.
Non - Community Sports Contacts
Teacher-Led Activities PIE (JIS Only): email@example.com
Teacher-Led Activities PEL (JIS Only): firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Sports Contacts
Community Sports Office: email@example.com +6221 509 89 555 ext. 73108
AquaDragons and Learn to Swim (Otters): firstname.lastname@example.org
Elementary Basketball: email@example.com
MS/HS Basketball: firstname.lastname@example.org
Supreme Gymnastics (PEL): email@example.com
Supreme Gymnastics (PIE): firstname.lastname@example.org
Many JIS-sponsored activities are available for Elementary students after school in the arts, athletics, STEM, and more. Parent-and community-sponsored activities complement these offerings in areas like scouts, gymnastics, and various team sports.
We encourage all of our Elementary and Early Years students to take part in after-school activities, all of which are designed to promote socialization, confidence, life skills, service, wellness, and of course, fun!
- Arts and Crafts
- Beginning Strings Orchestra
- Bricks 4 Kidz
- Capoeira Tots
- Cool Coding
- Creative Ceramics
- Engineering for Kids
- Exploring Food
- Fun Magic & Trick Puzzles
- Fusion Dance
- Graphic Design
- Group Guitar
- Hip Hop
- Introduction to Harp
- JDB Basketball Girls
- JYBA -Tball
- JYS Soccer
- Lego Robotic
- Mandarin for Beginners
- Manga Drawing
- Munchkin's Soccer
- Music Exploratory
- Nutty Science
- Perfect Pitch Song and Dance
- Private Strings
- Rock Band
- Science Magic
- Soccer Girls
- Tik Tak Soccer
- Zumba for Kids
When it comes to activities at JIS Middle School, our philosophy is to try everything! From clubs to sports, our students have a broad range of after-school activities to choose from to do just that.
- A Ring of Fire
- AJHO & AMIS Strings
- AMIS Boys Vocal
- AMIS Girls Vocal
- Bali Stage
- Chess Club
- Creative Writing
- Friendship Bracelets
- Gerakan Peduli (GK) Middle School
- Google Ninjas
- Honor Band
- Penguin Patrol
- Scuba Dragons
- Sekolah Sabit
- STEAM Girls
- Strings in Actions
- Table Tennis
- Chinese Club
- Climbing Club
- Debate Club
- DigiArt Club
- Dragon BJJ
- Dragon Council
- FPV Club
- Model United Nations
- Mu Alpha Theta (Math Honor Society)
- National Art Honor Society
- Poetry Club
- POP Pilates
- Tri M Music Honor Society
Middle School Madness is a spirited event that sees teams of faculty and students, named after famous Indonesian volcanoes, compete in a series of challenges, from tug-of-war to water games where absolutely nobody stays dry.
During the annual Cilandak Games, the entire High School is buzzing with activities, from a raucous opening ceremony in the HS Gym to mental, physical, and artistic challenges that take place throughout our tropical Cilandak Campus.