Students can engage in more than 500 clubs and activities that further enhance their learning journey at JIS, from TEDxJIS and student leadership to Service Learning and co-curriculars. Each is designed to not only challenge students to be Best for the World but also foster respect, a spirit of collaboration, inclusivity, and confidence.
JIS Academy & Community Sports
The purpose of JIS Academy & Community Sports is to offer quality, high-interest academic, fitness, creative and sporting activities beyond the normal JIS curriculum in order to better serve both students and adults. These activities are operated outside the JIS curriculum, and so carry a separate fee per program. We offer a wide variety of year-round after school activities and holiday camps taught by expat and local experts for elementary, middle & high school students and adults.
- Registration starting dates
- Registration ending dates
- Activities Starting and Ending Dates
- Additional Notes
- Before Registering
- Friday, Aug 16 at 10:00 AM: JIS Academy Activities & Teacher Led Q1-Q2 (PIE EY1 - grade 2)
- Friday, Aug 16 at 1:00 PM: JIS Academy Activities & Teacher Led Q1-Q2 (PIE grades 3- 5)
- Monday, Aug 19 at 10:00 AM: JIS Academy Activities & Teacher-Led Q1-Q2 (PEL All grades)
- Tuesday, Aug 20 at 10:00 AM: Community Sports (all grades), JIS Academy Activities (MS, HS, Adults)
The dates are staggered to reduce the strain on the systems. Online Browsing will be made available on Thursday, August 15 at 12:00 PM
- Thursday, Aug 22 at 12:00 PM: JIS Academy Activities & Teacher Led Q1-Q2 (PIE & PEL All Grades)
- Monday, Aug 26 at 12:00 PM: Community Sports (All grades), JIS Academy activities (MS, HS, Adults)
After registration ending dates registration is accepted via email and phone subject to the availability of the activities. Contact the Community Sports Office or the JIS Academy Office for late registration. PIE and PEL late registrants will not have access to the After School Activity (ASA) bus at 3:15 during the first week of activities.
PIE & PEL: Questions about Teacher-Led activities should be directed to the on-campus Activities Coordinators, not to the JIS Academy. (See contacts below).
- Register for the activities that are most important to you first.
- PIE & PEL students are limited to 3 teacher – led activities ONLY within 1 semester . You can take them in either Quarter 1 (Q1) or Quarter 2 (Q2) or both.
- JIS Academy, Community Sports, and Teacher – Led Activities registration is first come first serve.
- Community Sports - AquaDragons, Elite Basketball, Elite Badminton, Elite Soccer and Gymnastics admins will be sending out private links for registration. If you are a new family or need additional information, please contact the appropriate organization below.
3D Secure Credit Cards – be sure you update your information with your bank. They need your current mobile number so that you can receive a verification code.
You may need to contact your credit card company ahead of time to let them know you will be doing a transaction in Indonesia.
Please try to register online FIRST before contacting the Community Sports or JIS Academy staff. We have a small staff and are very busy at this time.
Please carefully read the Refund Policy on the invoice. We will strictly abide by this policy.
Non sports: firstname.lastname@example.org (021) 50989555 ext 20110
Teacher-Led Activities PIE (JIS Only): email@example.com
Teacher-Led Activities PEL (JIS Only): firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Sports Office: email@example.com (021) 50989555 ext 73108
AquaDragons and Learn to Swim (Otters): firstname.lastname@example.org
Elementary Basketball: email@example.com
MS/HS Basketball: firstname.lastname@example.org
Supreme Gymnastics (PEL): email@example.com
Supreme Gymnastics (PIE): firstname.lastname@example.org
Many JIS-sponsored activities are available for Elementary students after school in the arts, athletics, STEM, and more. Parent-and community-sponsored activities complement these offerings in areas like scouts, gymnastics, and various team sports.
We encourage all of our Elementary and Early Years students to take part in after-school activities, all of which are designed to promote socialization, confidence, life skills, service, wellness, and of course, fun!
- Arts and Crafts
- Beginning Strings Orchestra
- Bricks 4 Kidz
- Capoeira Tots
- Cool Coding
- Creative Ceramics
- Engineering for Kids
- Exploring Food
- Fun Magic & Trick Puzzles
- Fusion Dance
- Graphic Design
- Group Guitar
- Hip Hop
- Introduction to Harp
- JDB Basketball Girls
- JYBA -Tball
- JYS Soccer
- Lego Robotic
- Mandarin for Beginners
- Manga Drawing
- Munchkin's Soccer
- Music Exploratory
- Nutty Science
- Perfect Pitch Song and Dance
- Private Strings
- Rock Band
- Science Magic
- Soccer Girls
- Tik Tak Soccer
- Zumba for Kids
When it comes to activities at JIS Middle School, our philosophy is to try everything! From clubs to sports, our students have a broad range of after-school activities to choose from to do just that.
- A Ring of Fire
- AJHO & AMIS Strings
- AMIS Boys Vocal
- AMIS Girls Vocal
- Bali Stage
- Chess Club
- Creative Writing
- Friendship Bracelets
- Gerakan Peduli (GK) Middle School
- Google Ninjas
- Honor Band
- Penguin Patrol
- Scuba Dragons
- Sekolah Sabit
- STEAM Girls
- Strings in Actions
- Table Tennis
- Chinese Club
- Climbing Club
- Debate Club
- DigiArt Club
- Dragon BJJ
- Dragon Council
- FPV Club
- Model United Nations
- Mu Alpha Theta (Math Honor Society)
- National Art Honor Society
- Poetry Club
- POP Pilates
- Tri M Music Honor Society
Middle School Madness is a spirited event that sees teams of faculty and students, named after famous Indonesian volcanoes, compete in a series of challenges, from tug-of-war to water games where absolutely nobody stays dry.
During the annual Cilandak Games, the entire High School is buzzing with activities, from a raucous opening ceremony in the HS Gym to mental, physical, and artistic challenges that take place throughout our tropical Cilandak Campus.