Last updated on January 9, 2023. This page will be updated as information becomes available.
JIS will resume with full on-campus learning for all students on Tuesday, January 10, 2023.
JIS requires all students from 12 years of age and older to have the basic Covid-19 vaccination (two doses) in order to be on campus. Please review the school’s required and recommended vaccinations for more information.
Our Guiding Principles
Through our resilience and the strong partnership between the home and school, we have been able to overcome the many challenges that this year has presented. As we prepare to reopen campus, there are many factors that will determine what a safe return looks like. The following principles will guide us as we make these decisions.
- The health and safety of our students, faculty, staff and community members is paramount.
- The mandates and guidelines set forth by the Ministry of Education and Culture, and the Indonesian government.
- The ability to offer a strong educational program that is grounded in the JIS mission and values in accordance with the best health and safety practices.
- The information and advice from trusted health officials, reliable scientific medical organizations, and consultation with international schools around the world and in our region.
- The feedback and needs of our community.
We are thrilled that our students are able to engage in on-campus learning but remain vigilant in combating Covid-19 in order to keep our community safe. We rely on everyone’s sense of responsibility to stay home if you are experiencing any Covid-like symptoms. Thank you for your support and cooperation.
|You are COVID symptomatic if you experience any of the following|
|We rely on everyone's sense of responsibility to stay at home if they experience COVID-19 symptoms.|
Any person displaying COVID-19 symptoms should not come to campus.
Quarantine is no longer required for close contacts who are fully vaccinated. If you have been identified as a close contact, we strongly recommend you monitor for symptoms and get an antigen test on Day 5. If someone starts to display symptoms, they need to stay home, immediately get tested and notify the school.
If there is a positive case within your household and you have not been vaccinated, you will need to quarantine for 5 days. If you are free of symptoms, and test negative on an antigen test on day 5, you may end your quarantine period.
If there is a positive Covid-19 case within your household but you are vaccinated (2 doses of the vaccine), you may continue coming to school if you are free of symptoms and tested negative on an antigen test. Another antigen test is recommended after 5 days.
All antigen tests need to be administered at a certified lab.
If at any point you do start to experience Covid-19 like symptoms, stay home and get tested.